Florida Parent Education and Family Stabilization Course
Department of Children and Families Approved Course
Instructor - Maria Wilder
Maria Wilder has actively served as a Guardian Ad Litem for more than 14 years in Seminole County, Florida and has assisted with more than 165 at-risk, abused, neglected, or abandoned children within Seminole County. Maria’s responsibilities are greatest in cases involving children with disabilities and medical needs. She investigates and assesses the home environment and family dynamics for children that have come under the court’s jurisdiction. She advocates for necessary services to address any emotional, medical, or educational needs the child may have. Maria monitors the child in their current placement, while attempting to mitigate the stressful experience of foster home placement. Maria is experienced in compiling relevant facts, interviewing witnesses, providing testimony, and making recommendations to the court on issues of custody, visitation, termination of parental rights, and adoption. Maria has been awarded the Excellence in Community Nursing by Sigma Theta Tau, International Honor Society of Nursing for her dedicated and effective work with abused and neglected children. Maria has also been recognized by Governor Rick Scott for her years of dedicated service to the Guardian ad Litem Program in Seminole County, Florida.
Guardian ad Litem, 18th Judicial Circuit, Seminole County, Florida.
Court Appointed Guardian Ad Litem for abused and neglected children of Seminole County.
- Independent investigation to determine relevant facts in a case.
- Review of relevant documents.
- Interviewing parties having knowledge of the facts, including parents and caretakers
- Advocating for the child’s best interests
- Participation in all aspects of a case, as well as identifying and advocating for appropriate community resources.
- Facilitates resolution of problems by sharing information and seeking cooperative solutions
- Monitors the child’s case
- Advising the court concerning the child’s best interests throughout the pendency of the case.
- Drafts a report, complete with findings, conclusions, and recommendations, to assist the court in determining the child’s best interests.
Rick Scott, Florida Governor
Guardian Ad Litem Volunteer Recognition, 2018
Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
Excellence in Community Nursing Award, 2012
In the State of Florida, the petitioner has just 45 days from the date of filing to complete the Florida Parent Education and Family Stabilization Course.
The Respondent must complete the class within 45 days from the date they are served.
- Begin Now $19.95 - No Hidden Fees
- 4 hour online course
- 24 / 7 Access
- Go at your own pace
- Fully Automated - Instant Certificate
- Extra Copies of Certificate - FREE
- Easy to follow informative online class
- QR Code Certificate Validation for Courts
- DCF Approved Provider
- Parent Education and Family Stabilization Course