Florida Parent Education and Family Stabilization Course
By joining as a student, or participating in any of our services you are giving us permission to share your information and send you information relevant to our services. Kids Matter, LLC DOES NOT share your personal information with vendors that are not associated with our course offerings, marketing firms or third-party services. Information is shared with instructors and employees of Kids Matter, LLC while performing their job duties, to the courts upon request, and persons of your choosing.
1. Important Information and Who We Are
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how Kids Matter, LLC collects and processes your personal data through your use of this website, including any data you may provide through this website when you sign-up as a student, subscribe to our communications, sign-up for or request information about our products or services.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children. It is important that you read this privacy notice along with any additional privacy notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice is subject to periodic updates as deemed necessary.
Kids Matter, LLC is the entity that is the controller and responsible for the website located at www.floridakidsmatter.com.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
3. The Data We Collect About You
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Personal Identity & Contact Data includes first name, last name, middle name, address, city, state, zipcode, phone number, email address, date of birth, county court filing location, court case number, login password
- Credit Cards processing is performed via a third-party processor, Authorize.net. Kids Matter, LLC DOES NOT store full credit card information on our servers. Kids Matter, LLC only stores the last four numbers of the credit card used along with any Validation or Error response codes returned while processing transactions.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services. User's login date and time along with time and progression of the course are logged to meet local, State and or Federal governing requirements for minimum time spent during the course along with proof of satisfaction of time requirements and completion. Test question responses and scores are maintained per governing agency requirements.
- Marketing and Profile Data includes your interests and preferences in receiving marketing from us. We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
- We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offenses.
- If You Fail To Provide Personal Data Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide the course to you). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us; however, we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
4. How Is Your Personal Data Collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
Direct interactions. You may share with us some of your Identity and Contact Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by direct contact, mail, phone, email or otherwise.
This includes personal data you provide when you:
- inquire about our products or services
- apply for a job opening
- request marketing to be sent to you
- complete a registration
- enter a promotion or survey
- provide feedback
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using session Ids, cookies, server logs and other similar technologies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive analytics and advertising data about you from the sources listed below, as well as, public sources. Please use the following links for more information about how Google, Yahoo, and Bing search engines collect and use data when you visit their partners' websites or apps:
- Google: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en-US
- Yahoo: https://policies.yahoo.com/xa/en/yahoo/privacy/index.htm
- Bing: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/legal/FB_Work_Privacy
Kids Matter, LLC uses Google Analytics on the Website. This is a tool developed by Google and used to collect information, which permits evaluation of the use of the Website, analysis of your behavior and improvement of your website experience. You can obtain more information about how to opt out of Google Analytics at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
5. How We Use Your Personal Data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you
- To verify your identity and assist you, in case you lose or forget your login / password details for any of Kids Matter, LLC' registration services, to allow you to access different restricted areas and sections of the Website (such as the Customer Portals), to request information, to send messages to Kids Matter, LLC, and to provide any other Services which you may request.
- For future marketing, promotional and publicity purposes, including to carry out direct marketing, market research and surveys, via e-mail and/or SMS.
- To create a profile of you as a Website user, through the use of profiling cookies and by collecting and analyzing information on the preferences you select and choices you make in the Website, as well as your general activities on the Website. This profile will be used to give you information about other websites / services which Kids Matter, LLC believes you may be interested in, and to show you information and advertisements which may be relevant to you and your interests. All algorithms involved in this processing are regularly tested, to ensure the processing's fairness and control for bias.
- For compliance with laws which impose upon Kids Matter, LLC the collection and/or further processing of certain kinds of Personal Data for Compliance purposes.
- For development and administration of the Website, in particular by use of data analytics regarding how you and other users use the Website, as well as the information and feedback you provide, to improve our offerings.
- To prevent and detect any misuse of the Website, or any fraudulent activities carried out through the Website. Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending our or third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by opting out of future communications.
6. Grounds for processing and mandatory / discretionary nature of processing
Kids Matter, LLC' legal basis to process your Personal Data, are as follows:
- Service Provision: processing for these purposes is necessary to provide the Services and, therefore, is necessary for the performance of a contract with you. It is not mandatory for you to give Kids Matter, LLC your Personal Data for these purposes; however, if you do not, Kids Matter, LLC will not be able to provide any Services to you.
- Registration: processing for this purpose is based on your consent, given by providing your information, registering, updating information or otherwise providing us with your information. It is not mandatory for you to give consent to Kids Matter, LLC for use of your Personal Data for this purpose, and you will suffer no consequence if you choose not to (aside from not being able to benefit from greater user experience regarding the Website). Any consent given may also be withdrawn at a later stage.
- Marketing: processing for these purposes is based on Kids Matter, LLC' legitimate interest in promoting its goods and services to its existing and potential customer base. Individuals receiving these communications are entitled to opt-out at any time (including when their data is collected and within each communication sent), Kids Matter, LLC believes that its legitimate interest is not overridden by individuals' rights, freedoms and interests. It is not mandatory for you to allow Kids Matter, LLC to use your Personal Data for these purposes, and you will suffer no consequence if you choose not to (aside from not being able to receive further marketing communications from Kids Matter, LLC).
- Profiling: processing for this purpose is based on your consent, given by accepting the use of profiling cookies. It is not mandatory for you to give consent to Kids Matter, LLC for use of your Personal Data for this purpose, and you will suffer no consequence if you choose not to (aside from not being able to benefit from greater personalisation of your user experience regarding the Website). Any consent given may also be withdrawn at a later time.
- Compliance: processing for this purpose is necessary for Kids Matter, LLC to comply with its legal obligations. When you provide any Personal Data to Kids Matter, LLC, it is processed in accordance with the laws applicable to it, which may include retaining and reporting your Personal Data to official authorities for compliance with court requests, taxes or other legal obligations. Most governing agencies require that Kids Matter, LLC maintain our customer records for a minimum of 5 years for review upon request.
- Analytics: Information collected for this purpose is used to allow Kids Matter, LLC to understand how users interact with the Website and to improve the Website accordingly, with the aim of providing a better user experience.
- Misuse/Fraud: Information collected for this purpose is used exclusively to prevent and detect fraudulent activities or misuse of the Website (for potentially criminal purposes).
7. Recipients of Personal Data
Your Personal Data may be shared with the following list of persons / entities ("Recipients"):
- Persons, companies or professional firms providing Kids Matter, LLC with advice and consultancy regarding accounting, administrative, legal, tax, financial matters related to the provision of the Services.
- Entities engaged in order to provide the Services (e.g., hosting providers, mailing services or e-mail platform providers)
- Other persons that you have elected to share your Personal Data with such as an attorney.
- Persons authorized by Kids Matter, LLC to perform technical maintenance (including maintenance of network equipment, database, website, and electronic communications networks)
- Persons authorized by Kids Matter, LLC to process Personal Data needed to carry out activities strictly related to the provision of the Services, who have undertaken an obligation of confidentiality or are subject to an appropriate legal obligation of confidentiality (e.g., employees of Kids Matter, LLC)
- Other companies within the Kids Matter, LLC Group
- Public entities, bodies or authorities to whom your Personal Data may be disclosed, in accordance with the applicable law or binding orders of those entities, bodies or authorities
8. Transfer of Personal Data
Considering Kids Matter, LLC' nationwide presence and business operations, your Personal Data may be transferred to Recipients located in different States. Kids Matter, LLC implements appropriate safeguards to ensure the lawfulness and security of these Personal Data transfers, using safeguards or conditions considered adequate to the transfer at hand.
9. Retention of Personal Data
- Personal Data processed for Registration and Service Provision will be kept by Kids Matter, LLC for the period deemed strictly necessary to fulfill such purposes - in any case, as these Personal Data are processed for the provision of the Services, Kids Matter, LLC may continue to store this Personal Data for a longer period, as may be necessary to protect Kids Matter, LLC' interests related to potential liability related to the provision of the Services as well as compliance with local, State and Federal laws which govern our services.
- Personal Data processed for Marketing will be kept by Kids Matter, LLC until you opt-out or unsubscribe. Once this is done, Personal Data will no longer be used for these purposes, although it may still be kept by Kids Matter, LLC, in particular as may be necessary to protect Kids Matter, LLC' interests related to potential liability related to this processing.
- Personal Data processed for Profiling will be kept by Kids Matter, LLC from the moment you give consent until the moment you withdraw the consent given. Once consent is withdrawn, Personal Data will no longer be used for these purposes, although it may still be kept by Kids Matter, LLC, in particular as may be necessary to protect Kids Matter, LLC' interests related to potential liability related to this processing.
- Personal Data processed for Compliance will be kept by Kids Matter, LLC for the period required by the specific legal obligation or by the applicable law.
- Personal Data processed for Analytics and Misuse/Fraud will be kept by Kids Matter, LLC for as long as deemed strictly necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, unless you validly object to the processing of your Personal Data for these purposes.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by checking or unchecking relevant boxes by following the "Unsubscribe" links on any marketing message sent to you. Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product or service experience or other transactions.
Types of cookies used by the Website(s)
The Website(s) use the following types of cookies:
- Browsing or session cookies, which are strictly necessary for the Website's operation, and/or to allow you to use the Website's content and Services.
- Analytics cookies, which allow Kids Matter, LLC to understand how users make use of the Website, and to track traffic to and from the Website.
- Function cookies, which are used to activate specific Website functions and to configure the Website according to your choices (e.g., language), in order to improve your experience.
Kids Matter, LLC also uses third-party cookies - i.e. cookies from websites / web servers other than the Website, owned by third parties. These third parties will either act as independent data controllers from Kids Matter, LLC regarding their own cookies (using the data they collect for their own purposes and under terms defined by them).
For further information on how these third parties may use your information, please refer to their privacy policies:
- Google: https://policies.google.com/privacy
- Yahoo: https://policies.yahoo.com/ie/en/yahoo/privacy/products/analytics/index.htm
- Bing: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement
10. Data Security
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
11. Data subjects' rights
As a data subject, you are entitled to exercise the following rights before Kids Matter, LLC, at any time:
- Access your Personal Data being processed by Kids Matter, LLC (and/or a copy of that Personal Data), as well as information on the processing of your Personal Data
- Correct or update your Personal Data processed by Kids Matter, LLC, where it may be inaccurate or incomplete
- Request erasure of your Personal Data being processed by Kids Matter, LLC, where you feel that the processing is unnecessary or otherwise unlawful.
- Request the restriction of the processing of your Personal Data, where you feel that the Personal Data processed is inaccurate, unnecessary or unlawfully processed, or where you have objected to the processing
- Exercise your right to portability: the right to obtain a copy of your Personal Data provided to Kids Matter, LLC, in a structured, readable format, as well as the transmission of that Personal Data to another data controller
- Object to the processing of your Personal Data, based on relevant grounds related to your particular situation, which you believe must prevent Kids Matter, LLC from processing your Personal Data
- Withdraw your consent to processing of your Personal Data for Marketing also by selecting the appropriate link included at the bottom of every marketing e-mail message received. Aside from the above means, you can also exercise your rights described above by sending a written request to Kids Matter, LLC by using the Contact Us link in the menu of every web page.
No Fee Usually Required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these or other legitimate circumstances.
What We May Need From You:
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who does not have a right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time Limit To Respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests.
Finally, we can only act on requests related to the personal information we have collected through our websites. That said, if we cannot process your request, we will explain the reason(s) why. For example, a request might impact the rights of another person or company.